Thursday, October 12, 2006

Devotions-1

God speaks on mission trips, so throughout these posts I'm going to intersperse some quotations from our devotions that may encourage you. Think of these as a glimpse into what God was doing in our hearts as we carried out his work. These may just be short quotations, or they may be full-blown articles depending on how relevant they are. So, here's the first one. It came from our first meeting with our hosts and addresses the subject of God's nature, which at all times is both just and loving:

"Every good thing that I have experience is because of God's goodness and every suffering I have not experienced is because of God's grace, and all the time I have on this earth is not because God is obligated to give it to me, but because of his patience."

No comments: