Saturday, May 20, 2006

Middle Country CD

If you haven't already heard, I'm planning to return to my favorite overseas country this summer. It's a large one in southeast Asia, and if you know me, you'll know which one I'm talking about.

So here's the deal. I need money for travel expenses as I do whatever it is I'm going to do over there (again, I think you know what I mean). We're supposed to get cash by sending out letters and other conventional methods. But I'm thinking about raising money a different way. I want to record a CD, play some shows, sell those CDs and donate all the money to my trip(s). Some of it may even go to cover other folks on the team that have not yet raised the money.

Sounds good, but here's the catch. I need to know whether this is feasible. While I have most of the songs recorded already (on my home software) I can't risk spending capital on CDs or printing cases if no one's interested in buying it. If you're acquainted with my music and you think you would even possibly be interested in buying one, please leave a comment on this blog or email me.

Above is the proposed album cover. Let me know what you think of it as well.

No comments: